University Life is about YOU.
Whether you want to learn more about all that Columbia has to offer outside of the classroom, you’re looking for more information about University resources, or you want to meet students, make friends and build a network of Columbians outside of your school, we’re your one-stop shop to get connected with the Columbia community, whatever that may mean for you.
At University Life, we partner with student leaders, student affairs offices and central student services at the University to maximize your experience at Columbia. Being a part of the diverse Columbia community, with more than 50,000 students, faculty and staff, gives you access to incredible resources you can benefit from far beyond your time as a student. It is our honor and privilege to help make your time at Columbia as wonderful as possible.
What does University Life have to offer?
- University-wide events and discussions to meet new friends, practice well-being, learn new skills, and join engaging conversations.
- Columbia resources available to you during your Columbia journey.
- The opportunity for you to get involved and enhance your Columbia experience!
- Plan events for your classmates and gain experience by getting involved in the University Life Events Council.
- Become a University Life Student Ambassador. There are a variety of programs you can get involved with based on your interest!
- Help shape culture at Columbia through a variety of workshops, task forces and collaborative groups with students, faculty and administrators from across the University, with focuses on community citizenship, inclusion and belonging, sexual respect, and more.
Have ideas, thoughts or questions?
Reach out to us by email at [email protected]. Interested in meeting one-on-one? Check out our office hours!
Get to know the University Life team!
Dr. Dennis Mitchell (he/him)
Executive Vice President
Take a moment to learn more about our Executive Vice President, Dr. Dennis Mitchell, who has led University Life since August 2021. Hear more about what he's focused on and excited about in his work at University Life!
Joseph Defraine Greenwell (he/him)
Vice President for Student Affairs
Take a moment to learn more about Joseph Greenwell, who is the Vice President for Student Affairs. Hear about why his college experience makes his work today so important, and the one thing he thinks you should know about University Life.
Ixchel Rosal (she/her)
Senior Associate Vice President for Student Life
Take a moment to learn more about Ixchel Rosal. She is the Senior Associate Vice President for Student Life, and oversees student activities and diversity, equity, and inclusion programs for University Life. Hear from Ixchel on why she believes building community at Columbia is so important and why it’s important for us to hear from you!
Gabriela Dominguez (she/her)
Program Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
Take a moment to learn more about Gabriela Dominguez. She is the Program Manager for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives. Hear from Gaby about her experience as a first-generation student and how it led her to work in higher education and give back to students.