With the end of term, commencement and Summer break all around the corner, this is both an exciting and extraordinarily busy time.
With all that you have to do, please remember to take time to care for yourself. I offer some well-being resources that I hope can bring you some moments of calm in the coming weeks:
- Take a break with Columbia Health's Dr. Aisha Holder’s loving kindness and self-love meditation video.
- Find resources for coping with stress, anxiety, trauma and other concerns from Columbia Health and Student Health on Haven.
- Join support groups based around particular issues and by identity group at Columbia Health or Student Health on Haven.
- Connect with friends and family members. Whether or not you’re able to physically be together, talking with a loved one can be restorative.
- Make sure to get some fresh air! Take a walk around your neighborhood, or just sit outside for a bit and breathe deeply.
- Prioritize exercise, but also make time to rest.
If you need additional support, remember that you can always speak one-on-one with a counselor at Columbia Health or Student Health on Haven, or with a Religious Life advisor.
Don’t hesitate to write to me at [email protected] with any thoughts, questions or concerns. I wish you well as you finish the academic year.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Connect with me: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Connect with University Life: universitylife.columbia.edu | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube