Low Lounge: Countdown to 2022, When Pandemics Collide, and Other Events and Opportunities, 11/30-12/14
We’re excited to see you at the return of Low Lounge on Tuesday, December 14 from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM!
Under the Key to NYC requirements, dining and entertainment events require proof of vaccination at the door. For any in-person event listed below, please be prepared to provide proof of vaccination and a picture ID.
Are you ready for the ultimate study break? Low Lounge is back and will feature live student performances, free food, raffle prizes and more. Join us at Low, Dodge, and Avery Plazas! Tuesday, December 14, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Volunteers Needed! Interested in taking part in this Columbia tradition? The University Life Events Council is looking for volunteers to help with Low Lounge. Sign up here by Sunday, December 5 to volunteer!
- Vinyasa Yoga @ Low Lounge. Join us for in-person yoga at Low Lounge, hosted by Columbia PEREC. Bring your yoga mat and clear your mind before finals. There will be two sessions on Wednesday, December 14; the first from 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM and the second from 12:45-1:30 PM. Make sure to register before Monday, December 13 at 5:00 PM to secure your spot.
University Life Opportunities and Events (All events in ET)
- Envisioning Your 2022 Self. Eager to visualize a year full of opportunities and growth? Join University Life and the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the School of Social Work for an evening of goal-setting and mindfulness. RSVP is required. Tuesday, December 7, 6:00-7:15 PM. Register here.
- Spiritual Life Faculty Roundtable. As part of the Graduate Initiative for Inclusion and Engagement, join University Life for a conversation across faith traditions. Faculty panelists will share their experiences navigating religious identities in higher education. Wednesday, December 8, 4:00-5:30 PM. Register here.
- Succulent Study Break. Come to Butler Library to decorate succulent pots to take home or give to a friend. While supplies last. Wednesday, December 8, 6:00-7:00 PM. Registration is required.
- Hybrid Zumba Class. Need to take a break and move your body? Join University Life and PEREC for this hybrid Zumba class! Friday, December 10, 1:00-2:00 PM. Register here to join via Zoom or here to join in-person.
- Virtual Film Screening: Cruella. The University Life Events Council is hosting a free virtual screening of Cruella! RSVP before Sunday, December 5 for a chance to win a movie party pack filled with candy, popcorn, and a free movie rental. Friday, December 10 - Sunday, December 12. Register here.
- Yoga Class. Join Religious Life for a free one-hour yoga class every Wednesday at 7:00 PM throughout Fall semester. Bring your own mat and arrive 10 minutes early to reserve your spot, as there is a 20-person maximum. See upcoming classes here.
University-wide Events and Opportunities (All events in ET)
- HIV & COVID-19: When Pandemics Collide. ICAP and the Mailman School of Public Health are commemorating World AIDS Day with this hybrid discussion on how the knowledge we’ve gained from HIV and AIDS can help inform the COVID-19 response. Thursday, December 2, 12:00-1:30 PM. Register here.
- Clean + Go Green Recycling Event. Join Columbia Facilities for their biannual recycling event where you can donate a variety of goods, shred old documents and more. Thursday, December 2 and Friday, December 3, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Learn more about the Clean + Go Green program here.
Happening Around Morningside Heights
- The Zip Code Memory Project. Join the participants of the Zip Code Memory Project for their first public gathering to acknowledge, mourn, and pay tribute to the losses due to COVID-19. This healing community ritual will feature a live performance by the Harlem Choir. Sunday, December 5, 4:00-5:30 PM. Learn more here.
Have a great week,
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers