Film Showcase, Election Panel, Pilates, Civic Engagement Events for You 10/13 to 10/27
University Life invites you to connect with your friends and classmates! Want to learn Pilates? Or create your own spooky film? We have something for all Columbia students in these events and opportunities. All events are Eastern Time.
Join us for our special event, Awakening Our Democracy: Voters, Access and the 2020 Election is this Thursday, 10/15 at noon on Zoom. This important conversation will feature a panel of experts discussing crucial elements of the upcoming election, including political participation, access and the power of the vote in this extraordinary election year.
University Life Events and Opportunities
- Wellness Days Workshop: Reducing and Managing Stress in a Virtual World, Tuesday, 10/13, 2-3 PM
- Campus Conversations (attendance satisfies the Inclusion and Belonging component of the Columbia Community Citizenship Initiative). Choose one: Wednesday, 10/14, 3-4 PM; Thursday, 10/15, 10-11 AM; Wednesday, Oct. 21, 9:30-10:30 AM; and Thursday, Oct. 22, 4-5 PM
- Sign up for the Movement Challenge, a Wellness Days event promoting physical activity, by Thursday, 10/15 at 11:59 PM
- Awakening Our Democracy: Voters, Access and the 2020 Election, Thursday, 10/15, 12-1:15 PM
- Halloween Painting Party, Thursday, 10/15, 6-7 PM
- Task Force on Inclusion and Belonging, Friday, 10/16, 10-11:30 AM. More information.
- Submit your spooky film clip for the Spooky Showcase by Sunday, 10/18 at 11:59 PM
- First Generation Roundtable With Columbia Faculty, part of the Graduate Initiative for Inclusion and Engagement, Tuesday, 10/20 4-5:30 PM.
- Virtual Beginner's Pilates, Wednesday, 10/21, noon-1 PM
Other Events at Columbia
- The CUIMC Election Forum: Health Policy & the Upcoming Election, Wednesday, 10/14, 5-7 PM
- Race, Inequality and Perspectives on the U.S. Elections, Thursday, 10/15, 6:30-7:45 PM
- Sharing Our Stories: An Evening to Benefit Community Impact, Thursday, 10/15, 6:45 PM
- How the Irish Became White, a panel and book discussion, Friday, 10/16,10:30 AM-noon
- Outdoor Bodyweight Training, Tuesday, 10/20, 9:15-10:15 AM
- Our Problem With "Truthiness": The Centuries-Long History of Fake News in the United States, Tuesday, 10/20, 6:30 PM.
- The U.S. Elections Through International Eyes, Tuesday, 10/20, 7-8:30 PM
- President Bollinger's 19th Annual FUN RUN, Virtual Edition. All registrants will have three days to complete the 5K distance on their own time from Friday, 10/23 to Sunday, 10/25
- Outdoor Bodyweight Training, Tuesday, 10/27, 9:15-10:15 AM
We also want to share the recording from How to Be an Antiracist: A Conversation With Professor Ibram X. Kendi, a discussion presented by the School of Social Work. Watch the video.
As a reminder, all students are welcome to add their voices to the Keep Our Community Healthy campaign and encourage others to follow the Compact by sharing blogs, short video testimonials or vlogs documenting your individual experiences. Watch Kriti Sood, a student at the College of Dental Medicine, encourage our community to stay united as we #KeeptheCompact.
Visit University Life’s website to see more events and opportunities across Columbia. As always, we welcome your ideas and suggestions at [email protected].
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers