Summer Digest: Outdoor Yoga, Virtual Drag Bingo, and Other Events and Opportunities, 6/21-7/5
There are a wide variety of events coming up in the next two weeks! We hope that you find something of interest below.
Upcoming Events (All events are in ET and are free unless otherwise noted)
- Virtual Drag Bingo. CUIMC’s LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group is hosting virtual Drag Bingo with Indigo Dai, also known as Miss Independent. This event is open to all and winners will be given prizes! Wednesday, June 22, 4:15-5:15 PM. Register here.
- Promoting the Health and Wellbeing of Sexual and Gender Minorities in the U.S. (Virtual). This installment of CUIMC’s LGBTQ+ Lecture Series features Rachel L. Levine, MD, who will focus on the health and wellbeing of under-served populations in the U.S. Thursday, June 23, 4:00-5:00 PM. Register here.
- Situational Awareness Training (Virtual). Join Public Safety for this situational awareness training, where you will learn techniques to protect your personal safety. Friday, June 24, 10:00-11:00 AM. Register here.
- Why Does New York Look the Way It Does? (Virtual). Join SPS for a discussion on urban planning in New York City, from skyscrapers and central business districts to the development of lower-rise communities, and the challenges of increased density. Tuesday, June 28, 12:30-1:30 PM. Register here.
- Samuel Bard’s Legacy: Research from the Columbia and Slavery Project (Virtual). In this talk, researchers from the Columbia University and Slavery Project will discuss recent discoveries about Samuel Bard, the Bard family, and other findings from their ongoing research into the historical connections between Columbia and legacies of racism and enslavement. Tuesday, June 28, 4:00-5:00 PM. Register here.
- Summer Fitness Series: Outdoor Yoga (In-Person). University Life and PEREC invite you to this free outdoor yoga class! All fitness levels are welcome and please remember to bring your own mat. Wednesday, June 29, 6:30-7:30 PM. Register here.
- Promising Approaches to Moral Distress Among Nurses (Virtual). The Master of Science in Bioethics program and School of Nursing invite you to this panel discussion on sustainable programs to fight burnout and moral distress in nursing. Thursday, June 30, 4:00-5:30 PM. Register here.
- Summer Fitness Classes at Dodge (In-Person and Virtual). Join Columbia PEREC for low-cost fitness classes this summer! Please note there is a small fee to participate in the summer classes. Learn more here.
- Presidential Search Committee Survey. The Presidential Search Committee wants to hear from you as they begin their search for the next President of Columbia University. This anonymous survey should take no more than five minutes to complete. Responses are due by Friday, June 24.
- Apply to be a Student Conduct Navigator. Are you interested in supporting fellow students going through the University's student conduct process? If so, consider becoming a Student Conduct Navigator. Learn more and apply here.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Associate Vice President for Student Life