Summer Digest: Become a University Life Ambassador, Pop-Up Concert, Ideas to Explore NYC, 5/23-6/6
To those of you staying on or near campus this summer – welcome to summer at Columbia! Check out these upcoming events and opportunities for ideas to enjoy the summer.
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- Become a University Life Ambassador. Passionate about building community at Columbia? As a University Life Ambassador, you can help create a more welcoming and inclusive campus for all Columbia students. Apply by June 2.
- Reminder: Update Your Voter Registration. CU Engage encourages all graduating students and all students leaving campus for the Summer semester to update their voter registration to match any new or forthcoming addresses. You can visit ALLINtoVote.org/Register to update your information. It only takes a few minutes to be #VoteReady for the 2023 local and state elections. Register here.
- AAPI Fest on Haven Plaza (In-Person). May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, and CUIMC's Asian and Pacific Islander Employee Resource Group (ERG) invites you to enjoy some treats and learn more about the API ERG! Wednesday, May 24, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Learn more.
- Peace & Presence: Gentle Yoga Flow (Virtual). Join Columbia Health Sexual Violence Response (SVR) for a gentle yoga flow incorporating slow stretching and breathing exercises. The session will close with a guided meditation. Thursday, May 25, 3:00 - 4:00 PM. Register here.
- Geoengineering: A Short-term Mitigation for Climate Change? (Virtual). Join Columbia Environmental Entrepreneurs Association, Verdonck Partners, and the Climate School for a conversation about new possibilities for mitigating climate change. Thursday, May 25, 3:00 - 4:30 PM. Register here
- Jewish American Heritage Month on Haven Plaza (In-Person). May is Jewish American Heritage Month and CUIMC's Jewish Cultural Employee Resource Group (JERG) invites you to enjoy some sweet treats and activities and learn more about the JERG! Tuesday, May 30, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM. Learn more.
- Taste of Harlem 2023 (In-Person) Come to The Forum for a night of delicious food, drinks, and networking to highlight and promote restaurants and vendors in the Harlem area. This event is free; a $20 donation is suggested. Thursday, June 1, 6:00 - 9:30 PM. Register here.
- Pop-Up Concerts: Sae Hashimoto and Brian Marsella (In-Person). Sit onstage in Miller Theatre for a concert featuring Sae Hashimoto (vibraphone) and Brian Marsella (piano). Mingle with performers and fellow concertgoers after the show. Tuesday, June 6, 6:00 - 7:00 PM. Learn more.
- Standing for Reason (In-Person). Join Religious Life for an exciting conversation with John Sexton, President Emeritus of NYU, as he discusses the challenges involved with engaging diverse viewpoints in our campus communities and his new book, Standing for Reason: The University in a Dogmatic Age. Wednesday, June 7, 1:15 - 2:15 PM. Register here.
- More Fun Events in New York City. Looking for ways to get out and about in the City? Check out our free and low-cost activities page for ideas to explore NYC on a budget.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Senior Associate Vice President for Student Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers