Summer Digest: Update on COVID-19 Booster Requirement, Become a University Life Ambassador, and Upcoming Events, 7/11-7/22
We hope you are enjoying the summer! We write to share upcoming events and opportunities, as well as an update on COVID-19 immunization requirements for Fall 2022.
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- Cryptocurrency & Nonprofits: The Road Ahead (Virtual). The School of Professional Studies is hosting a panel conversation on the future of crypto-philanthropy and how nonprofits can tap into these new giving streams. Thursday, July 14, 5:00-6:30 PM. Register here.
- Summer Fitness Series: Outdoor Yoga (In-Person). University Life and PEREC invite you to this free outdoor yoga class! All fitness levels are welcome and please remember to bring your own mat. Friday, July 15, 3:00-4:00 PM. Learn more and register here.
- Financial Well-being: International Student Workshop (Virtual). Join Student Financial Services, University Life and the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) for a presentation promoting financial well-being and the tools that enable a greater sense of agency and choice in your own future. While this workshop focuses on the specific needs of International students, all are welcome. Thursday, July 21, 9:30-10:15 AM. Learn more and register here.
- Situational Awareness Training (Virtual). Public Safety is offering a situational awareness training class that will help participants enhance their personal safety by being more aware of their immediate surroundings. Participants will learn to identify potential threats and respond in ways that protect their well-being. Friday, July 22, 10:00-11:00 AM. Register here.
- Summer Fitness Classes at Dodge (In-Person and Virtual). Join Columbia PEREC for low-cost fitness classes this summer. From yoga to personal training, join Dodge Fitness Center for any of their summer programs. Please note, there is a small fee to participate, and summer passes are now discounted by 50 percent. Learn more here.
- Become a University Life Ambassador 2022-2023! Passionate about building community at Columbia? As a University Life Ambassador, you can help promote a welcoming, inclusive environment for all Columbia students across all campuses. Apply Here.
- Apply to be a Student Conduct Navigator. Are you interested in supporting fellow students going through the University's student conduct process? If so, consider becoming a Student Conduct Navigator. Learn more and apply here.
Happening Near Campus
- Free Uptown Shakespeare in the Park (In-Person). This July, the Classical Theatre of Harlem presents Twelfth Night at the Richard Rodgers Amphitheater in Marcus Garvey Park. This Afrofuturistic take on the Shakespearean classic comedy is free and open to the public. Wednesday, July 6 - Friday, July 29. Learn more and register here.
- Uptown Night Market (In-Person). This open air market Under the Arches of Harlem features food and local vendors, live music, and more. Thursday, July 14, 4:00-10:00 PM. Learn more and register here.
- New students: Submit your immunization requirements ASAP. All incoming students must complete several immunization requirements and submit documentation prior to registering for their first term. You will not be able to register for classes until your submission has been verified. For more information about the immunization requirements, please follow instructions on Columbia Health (Morningside/Manhattanville) or Student Health on Haven (CUIMC).
- Continuing students: Submit COVID-19 booster documentation ASAP. You are required to be up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccine to register for Fall classes. If you have not yet submitted your booster documentation, please follow instructions on Columbia Health (Morningside/Manhattanville) or Student Health on Haven (CUIMC). You will not be able to register for classes or make any changes until your submission has been verified. Students who do not complete this requirement will be subject to deregistration.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Senior Associate Vice President for Student Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers