Spooky Film Showcase, Pilates and Other Events and Opportunities for You, 10/20 to 11/3
University Life invites you to connect with your friends and classmates! From tips on how to manage your time to learning Pilates and watching student-created spooky films, we have something for all of you. All events are Eastern Time.
This month, Columbia Health’s Sexual Violence Response team invites you to recognize Relationship Violence Awareness Month (RVAM) to remember, honor and celebrate survivors, advocates and activists and to continually affirm our commitment to sexual respect at Columbia University. Learn how you can get involved.
University Life Events and Opportunities
- First-Generation Roundtable With Columbia Faculty, part of the Graduate Initiative for Inclusion and Engagement, Tuesday, 10/20, 4-5:30 PM
- Campus Conversations (attendance satisfies the Inclusion and Belonging component of the Community Citizenship Initiative). Choose one. Wednesday, Oct. 21, 9:30-10:30 AM; Thursday, Oct. 22, 4-5 PM
- Virtual Beginner's Pilates, Wednesday, 10/21, 12-1 PM
- Time-Management Workshop, Tuesday, 10/27, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Success Workshop: Resiliency, Wednesday, 10/28, 12-1 PM
- Spooky Showcase, Thursday, 10/29, 6:30-7:30 PM
Other Events at Columbia
- Our Problem With "Truthiness": The Centuries-Long History of Fake News in the United States, Tuesday, 10/20, 6:30 PM
- The U.S. Elections Through International Eyes, Tuesday, 10/20, 7-8:30 PM
- Moment of Pause for Relationship Violence Awareness Month, Thursday, 10/22, 2:03 PM
- President Bollinger's 19th Annual FUN RUN, Virtual Edition. All registrants will have three days to complete the 5K distance on their own time from Friday, 10/23 to Sunday, 10/25
- Changing Lenses: Justice in the Eyes of Science and the People Impacted, Monday, 10/26, 4-5:30 PM
- Outdoor Bodyweight Training, Tuesday, 10/27, 9:15-10:15 AM
- Expresso Yourself: Navigating Interracial and Intercultural Relationships, Tuesday, 10/27, 3:30-5 PM
- SPS Election 2020 Speaker Series: A Conversation with Michael A. Nutter, Tuesday, 10/27, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Turn Up the Volume on Relationship Violence Awareness Month, Thursday, 10/29, 6-7:30 PM
University Life wants to include your voice in the Keep Our Community Healthy campaign! Encourage others to follow the Compact by sharing a blog, short video testimonial or vlog documenting your individual experience during this extraordinary time. This week, we’re highlighting Nihar Garg, a student at the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Science.
As you watch Nihar, please remember to Keep the Compact as you go about your daily lives on and around campus. That means completing your daily symptom check in the ReopenCU app when you come onto campus and socializing safely. If you have concerns about nonadherence to the Compact, please consider stepping in to have a conversation, speak with a staff or faculty member or use this link to report an incident.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers