Election Events and More for You, 10/27 to 11/11
With the 2020 U.S. general elections only a week away, we encourage you to make your voice heard and vote if you’re eligible. To learn more about how to vote in your state, visit Vote.Columbia.edu.
The day after the election, University Life will host a virtual reflection space for all Columbia students, Let’s Talk: The 2020 General Election and What's Next, on Wednesday, November 4 from 5-6:15 PM ET on Zoom. Register here. For more on civic engagement and voting, visit CU Engage.
Additional University events on the upcoming election include:
- SPS Election 2020 Speaker Series: A Conversation with Michael A. Nutter, Tuesday, 10/27, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Voting in New York City: What You Need to Know, Tuesday, 10/27, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Managing Presidential Transitions and Governance: Perspectives From the White House, Monday, 11/9, 1-2 PM
- University Life Forum: Reflections on the 2020 Election and the Road Ahead, Wednesday, 11/11 at 4 PM. Full details will be announced soon.
In addition, University Life invites you to connect with your friends and classmates! Whether you want tips for building resilience and confidence or want to just sit back and enjoy a student-created spooky film showcase, we have something for all of you. All events are Eastern Time.
University Life Events and Opportunities
- Time-Management Workshop, Tuesday, 10/27, 2:30-3:30 PM
- Success Workshop: Resiliency, Wednesday, 10/28, 12-1 PM
- Spooky Film Showcase, Thursday, 10/29, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Title IX 2.0: Understanding Changes to Title IX and Columbia's Policies, Friday, 10/30, 12-1 PM
- Escape the Zoom, Multiple Dates and Times
- Campus Conversations (attendance satisfies the Inclusion and Belonging component of the Community Citizenship Initiative). Monday, Nov 2, 10-11 AM, Thursday, Nov 5, 10-11 AM
Other Events at Columbia
- Columbia Health offers Expresso Yourself: Navigating Interracial and Intercultural Relationships, Tuesday, 10/27, 3:30-5 PM
- Columbia Business School invites you to Reviving Beirut: From Nonprofit Organizations to Venture Philanthropy, How Social Enterprise Is Shaping the Aftermath of the August 2020 Explosion and Beyond, Thursday, 10/29, 12-1:45 PM
- Columbia Health also invites you to Turn Up the Volume on Relationship Violence Awareness Month, Thursday, 10/29, 6-7:30 PM
- Also from Columbia Business School, check out the 19th Annual Social Enterprise Conference, Capital for Good, Friday, 10/30, 9:45 AM-1 PM
Want to add your voice to the Keep Our Community Healthy campaign? Encourage others to follow the Compact by sharing a blog, short video testimonial or vlog documenting your individual experience during this extraordinary time. Check out this new blog by Nicole Saldarriaga, a student in the School of the Arts, about the moments of hope and gratitude that she’s found during her remote semester.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers