Your COVID-19 Campus Return Questions Answered and July COVID-19 Forum Video
It was great to see so many of you at our forum last week. Please see below for important updates ahead of our return this Fall.
Updated Questions and Answers about COVID-19 and the Campus Return
As our return to campus swiftly approaches, I know many of you have questions about the requirements and protocols, particularly regarding the vaccine mandate. The FAQs Regarding COVID-19 Vaccination were recently updated, and you should be able to find answers to most of your questions there.
Please also review the Community Health Advisory that went out on Wednesday: Critical Steps Students Need to Take Prior to Accessing Campus.
Catch Up On University Life’s July COVID-19 Forum
If you missed our July COVID-19 Update, Vaccines and Planning for Fall Return forum, you can watch the full video, with captions, to hear University experts answer many questions that were posed by students.
You can also register now for these two upcoming forums:
- August 12, 4:00 PM ET: general student session from University Life
- August 16, 8:30 AM ET: international students from Global Centers
August 2nd Compliance Deadline
Please keep in mind that August 2nd is a key deadline for our Fall return to comply with the University’s vaccine mandate:
- It is the last day to get a single-dose vaccine or the second dose of a two-dose vaccine.
- It is also the last day to upload vaccine documentation or apply for an exemption.
- Students who received their vaccine from Columbia Health on the Morningside campus do not need to upload their vaccination documentation.
- Learn how to get vaccinated at Columbia or elsewhere.
- The vaccine is free on campus for Columbia students.
International students who were unable to complete the required COVID-19 vaccination with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccines before campus arrival will be offered an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon arrival.
Please review this page if you are unable to meet the vaccine mandate deadline for any reason, and fill out this form by midnight today, 7/23.
How Columbia Uses and Stores Vaccination Information
Where can I go if I have questions regarding the vaccine that are unique to my personal situation?
Please check Columbia’s FAQs Regarding COVID-19 Vaccination first as many of your questions will likely be answered there. If you have specific questions related to your personal situation, you can email the following:
- Morningside students - please email [email protected].
- CUIMC students - please email [email protected].
Remember that you can always reach out to [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Connect with me: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Connect with University Life: universitylife.columbia.edu | Facebook | Instagram | YouTub