University Life Forum on Fall Return to Campus, Financial Literacy, and Other Events and Opportunities, 7/13-7/27
We’re looking forward to seeing many of you at our forum this Thursday: July COVID-19 Update, Vaccines and Planning for Fall Return from 1:00-2:15 PM ET. Submit questions when you register!
University Life Events (All events are ET)
- Graduate Initiative: Financial Literacy Workshop. Are you struggling to budget your finances or gain financial freedom? Everyone is welcome to join this workshop on financial wellness with a focus on credit building and budgeting for graduate and professional students. Wednesday, 7/14, 4:00-5:00 PM. Register here.
- Financial Wellness & You: International Student Transition Planning. Join University Life, Student Financial Services and ISSO for a presentation on understanding financial wellness for international students. Thursday, 7/22, 9:30-10:45 AM. Register here.
University-wide Events and Opportunities
- Communities That Care Summer Blood Drive. The Office of the President, Office of Government and Community Affairs, and the New York Blood Center are teaming up to help ensure a steady supply of blood this summer. Tuesday, 7/13, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Tuesday, 7/20, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Register here for either date.
- Hacking for Humanity Information Session. Interested in using your skills to help create a tangible impact on humanity? Learn more about this year’s Hackathon and how you can get involved! Wednesday, 7/14, 10:00-11:00 AM and 7:00-8:00 PM. Register here for the AM session or register here for the PM session.
- Tamer Fund for Social Ventures Information Session. The Tamer Fund for Social Ventures provides grants of up to $25,000 for social and environmental ventures. Learn more about the application process and deadlines, and network with other venture teams! Friday, 7/16, 1:00-1:45 PM. Register here.
- University Leadership Series: What Do We Owe One Another? This panel discussion from Global Centers aims to answer questions about how we can address inequalities to ensure that all of us can reach our potential. Monday, 7/19, 8:00 AM. Register here.
- Race and Bioethics: Amplifying Diverse Voices. Join SPS’ Bioethics program for a panel discussion on addressing and reducing racism in healthcare in the United States and globally. Monday, 7/19, 6:30-8:00 PM. Register here.
Looking for more information, events and opportunities? Visit University Life’s website, Instagram and Facebook, and don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any thoughts or questions.
Have a great week,
Joseph Defraine Greenwell, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: He/Him/His
Associate Vice President for Student Life
Office of University Life
Gender Pronouns: She/Her/Hers