There is a rich history of LGBTQIA+ scholarship, activism, and community-building at Columbia among students, faculty, and staff. University Life has compiled the following resources to help promote greater inclusion and support of LGBTQIA+ students at Columbia.
The resources below were compiled in partnership with student affairs staff from across the University. Requests to add additional items can be sent to [email protected].
The resources below include off-campus resources that Columbia is neither affiliated with nor explicitly endorses. This list is intended only to inform students of resources available to them in the broader community.
The books listed below are only a small sample of books available from Columbia Libraries on this topic. Please consult with a Columbia reference librarian for additional resources.
Book descriptions are visible when hovering over book covers.
- For Morningside students
- For CUIMC students
- Virtual Drop-In Hours
- Black Feminism & the Movement for Black Lives
- Consortium of Higher Education Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Professionals
- FIERCE NYC
- Gay and Lesbian Straight Education Network
- GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
- Human Rights Campaign
- It Gets Better
- National Black Justice Coalition
- National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition (BTAC)
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce
- NYC Unity Project
- Out for Undergrad
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays
- The Anti-Violence Project
- The Audre Lorde Project
- The Center
- United We Dream - Queer Undocumented Immigrant Project
- A handbook on discussing the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival for trans activists and allies | Emi Koyama
- A queer and trans fat activist timeline | Charlotte Cooper
- A Queer Cousin Story | Farha Najah
- Alex | A.E.H
- Asexual Content | Olivia M.
- Bible Study...The Zine!: Trans* & Gender Non-conforming & Non-binary | Various Contributors
- Casa de los Trucos #3: Chicken Soup for the Transsexual Soul | Mateo Parra
- Fat Girl: a zine for fat dykes and the women who want them
- Femme a barbe: the zine for bearded ladies and other gender outlaws | JB Brager
- Gendercide: v.3, part 1 the chemical warfare issue | Ashley Altadonna
- Just So You Know #1 | Joey Alison Sayers
- Prude: compilation sexuality zine | Lauren Jade Martin
- Stereotype threat : trying to frame graduate school as a radical / queer / punk endeavor | Imogen Binnie
- Timtum: a Yidishe ṭrans-zin : a trans Jew zine | Micah
- Things My Mom Thinks Made Me Gay | Nathalie Levine
- The transfeminist manifesto: and other essays on transfeminism | Emi Koyama
- Trans(in)formation no. 2 | Kelly Shortandqueer
- Transgressions, a political zine for trans, butch, intersex, genderqueer... people of color | Priyank Jindal
- Queerean | Yumi Lee
- We are not white lesbians | Nia King