As a nation, we are grappling with the ongoing threat of anti-Asian and Pacific Islander (API) hatred and violence, something we have felt more acutely since the onset of COVID-19. Whether you are seeking ways to actively promote racial justice in support of friends, neighbors and colleagues, or whether you identify as Asian or Pacific Islander and seek educational resources, support or wish to report a bias incident, each of us can play a part in stopping anti-API hatred and violence.
Please note the resources below were compiled in partnership with student affairs staff from across the University. Requests to add additional items can be sent to [email protected].
Columbia University is not affiliated with, nor does it explicitly endorse, any of the advocacy groups, hotlines, or organizations listed here. This list is intended only to inform students of resources available in the broader community.
Please note: This list is updated frequently, please check back often.
- Asian American Bar Association of New York - COVID-19 Resources: Anti-Asian Harassment and Discrimination
- Asian American Federation Anti-Asian Bias Reporting Form
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Hate Crime Resources
- NYC Commission on Human Rights - Report Discrimination to the Commission on Human Rights
- New York State Attorney General Hotline to Report Incidents and for Legal Assistance
- NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force and Reporting Resources
- Stop AAPI Hate
- AAJIL: Asian American Justice Innovation Labs Core Training
- Anti-Asian Violence Resources Card
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice
- Combating Anti-Asian Racism and COVID-19 Toolkit
- NAPAWF NYC - COVID Racist Harassment Coping Guide
- NYC Commission on Human Rights Resources:
- Stop AAPI Hate
- The WeChat Project Providing Alternative Narratives to the Chinese Diaspora
- Active: Asian American Community Resources
- Asian Awareness Project
- Sakhi for South Asian Women COVID-19 Updates and Resources
- Saya Resources on COVID-19 and Anti-racism
- Helpful videos for Asian Americans parents:
- A recently updated list of anti-racist resources compiled by the Asian/Pacific American Libraries Association
- During pandemic, racism puts additional stress on Asian Americans | ScienceDaily
- Fact Sheet on Anti-Asian Prejudice March 2020 | Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism
- NYPL's list of noteworthy fiction, and non-fiction books for adults written by Asian Pacific Islander Desi Americans
- Psychological impact of anti-Asian stigma due to the COVID-19 pandemic: A call for research, practice, and policy responses | American Psychological Association
- The History of Solidarity Between Asian and Black Americans | All Things Considered, WNYC
- Racial discrimination has different mental health effects on Asians depending on ethnic identity, age and birthplace, study shows | American Psychological Association
- White House Memorandum Condemning and Combating Racism, Xenophobia, and Intolerance Against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States
- Xenophobia and Racism Against Asian Americans During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Mental Health Implications | Journal of Interdisciplinary Perspectives and Scholarship