There is a rich history of LGBTQAI+ scholarship, activism and community-building at Columbia among students, faculty and staff. University Life has compiled the following resources to help promote greater inclusion and support of LGBTQAI+ students at Columbia.
Please note the resources below were compiled in partnership with student affairs staff from across the University. Requests to add additional items can be sent to [email protected]. The resources below include off-campus resources that Columbia is not affiliated with, nor does it explicitly endorse any of the advocacy groups, hotlines or organizations listed here. This list is intended only to inform students of resources available to them in the broader community.
Please note: This list is updated frequently, please check back often.
All descriptions (visible when hovering on book covers below) are excerpted from the book summaries.
- For Morningside students
- For CUIMC students
- Virtual Drop-In Hours
- All students can report incidents of bias to their Dean of Students.
- Students may report incidents to members of the Bias Incident Resource Team (known as the Team)
- Columbia College and SEAS undergraduate students, please report incidents to the Columbia College and Columbia Engineering Bias Response Team
- GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
- Human Rights Campaign
- National Black Justice Coalition
- National Black Trans Advocacy Coalition (BTAC)
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays
- The Anti-Violence Project
- The Audre Lorde Project
- United We Dream - Queer Undocumented Immigrant Project
- A handbook on discussing the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival for trans activists and allies | Emi Koyama
- A queer and trans fat activist timeline | Charlotte Cooper
- A Queer Cousin Story | Farha Najah
- Alex | A.E.H
- Asexual Content | Olivia M.
- Bible Study...The Zine!: Trans* & Gender Non-conforming & Non-binary | Various Contributors
- Casa de los Trucos #3: Chicken Soup for the Transsexual Soul | Mateo Parra
- Fat Girl: a zine for fat dykes and the women who want them
- Femme a barbe: the zine for bearded ladies and other gender outlaws | JB Brager
- Gendercide: v.3, part 1 the chemical warfare issue | Ashley Altadonna
- Just So You Know #1 | Joey Alison Sayers
- Prude: compilation sexuality zine | Lauren Jade Martin
- Stereotype threat : trying to frame graduate school as a radical / queer / punk endeavor | Imogen Binnie
- Timtum: a Yidishe ṭrans-zin : a trans Jew zine | Micah
- Things My Mom Thinks Made Me Gay | Nathalie Levine
- The transfeminist manifesto: and other essays on transfeminism | Emi Koyama
- Trans(in)formation no. 2 | Kelly Shortandqueer
- Queerean | Yumi Lee
- We are not white lesbians | Nia King