How to Take the Kognito Online Training
- Create a new account - your Enrollment Key is columbiaedu (an enrollment key is a code that you need to create an account and begin the simulation).
- Click “NEXT STEP,” answer brief demographic questions.
- Click “LAUNCH”
- How long does this take to complete?
The simulation typically takes 30 minutes to complete. You will be offered optional various scenarios and can go at your own pace.
- Can I access the training on a mobile device (smartphone, iPad, tablet)?
Kognito’s training is not accessible via mobile devices. Please use your desktop or laptop.
- If I stop the simulation, can I come back later and pick up where I left off?
Yes - for the most part. Your progress is saved as you complete each section; you can close the application and resume later. However, if you stop in the middle of a section, Kognito will return you to the beginning of that section when you resume.
- I tried to log in using my email address, but it’s not working.
You must create an account with Kognito to access the simulation. (See Getting Started)
- I created an account, but my password isn’t working.
Check your username and password - it’s possible you incorrectly entered your password or email address if the error message is: Sign-in failed. You can request a new password by clicking “Reset Your Password.”
- I requested a password reset, but the new password never arrived (or doesn’t work).
The new password should arrive immediately to the email you used to create your account. If it does not, check your spam folder before requesting a second password reset. If you are still unable to log in, contact Kognito Support.
- Nothing happens when I click the “LAUNCH” button.
Your browser may have a pop-up blocker. To disable or pause your pop-up blocker, go into your browser settings and either permit or make an exception for https://kognitocampus.com/login (recommended) or allow pop-ups from all sites.
Note that disabling the browser’s ad-blocker does not disable the pop-up blocker. If you need additional assistance, please contact Kognito Support.
- The browser is not responding (or crashes) when I try to launch the simulation.
The simulation may crash if you are running too many other programs at the same time. If you receive the following error message:
An error has occurred in the application. Please click below to send an email to our support team. Please describe what you were doing when the error occurred.
...or if the browser says “Not Responding,” close other applications and browser tabs. If this does not work, restart the computer.
If you continue to experience difficulty, contact Kognito Support.
- I completed the simulation but I can’t access my Certificate of Completion / post-survey.
If this happens, please reach out to Kognito’s Support Team at email@example.com.